Monday, April 13, 2009

HAPPY RESURRECTION DAY!





HAPPY RESURRECTION DAY!
We enjoyed a wonderful Easter Sunday service & a relaxing day at home with family. Easter is the holiday that impacts me the most. I enjoy celebrating the birth of baby Jesus at Christmas, but Easter....Easter is where the story comes to life and penetrates my very soul. Easter - Jesus (the sinless man) was beaten, bruised, humiliated & nailed to a wooden cross...for me. He could have removed himself from the suffering, but He didn't because He loves me so much that He was willing to suffer and die to save me from my sins. That's my Savior. And on the 3rd day - He rose...He conquered death once for all & provided a way for me to enjoy eternity with my Jesus in Heaven.
I love to teach the Easter story to my children and I often remind them that the Easter story lives in our hearts every minute of every day as a constant reminder of God's steadfast love for us and His perfect plan of salvation. Jesus gave His life for me at Easter and each day I pray that God will help me to give my life back to Him to be used for His service...to bring Him glory for being an awesome God.

No comments:

Post a Comment